Autumn On The EB

Autumn On The EB

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Millers Report - Bears Den




Well, I had two hours to kill so I decided to check on the browns that were stocked yesterday. The water was still very high (1000cfs) and the people that were there didn't seem to be catching much. My rig was a bit different. A 5wt full sinking line was attached to 5 feet of 3x leader material. The fly was a WB in size 8. A small bit of sink putty was attached a foot above the fly. I "nymphed" this set up on a short line in the eddies and slack water along the shoreline and would then retrieve in short, quick strokes. I caught 19 browns and missed a few more in the 100 or so yards that I fished. This is a great rig for getting down DEEP which will cause me to spend some time later today replenishing my bugger supply.
The browns were all between 12 and 14 inches. Lots of fun in heavy water.
Ken

No comments: