Autumn On The EB

Autumn On The EB

Monday, October 13, 2008

Birthday Browns

It was nice to have the Columbus Day holiday off. First, it happened to be my birthday, the weather was great and I was chasing browns again on the Millers. The large pool at the end of the Kempfield Section had just enough surface action to keep me busy for the short 1 1/2 that I had to pursue this sport today. A BWO or two, (all around #18) brought the trout up. The result was two browns between 14-16 inches and dark and shiny rainbow about 12 inches fooled by my #18 olive comparadun emerger.

I wish I could have stayed longer.

Ken

2 comments:

marc said...

Well happy birthday.. I picked up a couple of beautiful browns in the Bearsden section yesterday afternoon on a black stonefly nymph. Nothing hatching and no rising fish were seen (although I had to leave at 5:30). /marc

Millers River Flyfisher said...

Glad to see the you did well, Marc. I'd like to hit the Bearsden before the month ends. Maybe this Saturday evening.

Ken