Autumn On The EB

Autumn On The EB

Monday, February 15, 2016

Florida


" The angler forgets most of the fish he catches, but he does not forget the streams and lakes in which they were caught" Charles Fox

This was not a fishing trip but a get away trip from the weather that I knew was coming. The last three mornings I woke to temperatures that were over 70 degrees warmer than good old Massachusetts. That was great! In short, the days were in the 70's most of the time and shorts and tees were the uniform for the stay. The location was Sebastian right on the Indian River and I had time to spend with my wife and scout the joint out. Lots of promising inshore fishing and that got us to reserve the month of March 2017 to really fish this place. Plenty of Indian River Lagoon spots and ocean front for the taking. Had a good question and answer session with a local guide who will be employed next year. This is the way I like to do things, scout the area instead of using valuable time trying to find a place. I'll be back!

This leaves the question - why do we spend the winters in the frozen north? I never thought of myself as a snowbird but....

See you at Charlies on the 21st!!

3 comments:

Hibernation said...

Ken,

I hear you. I couldnt live in FL. But after going down several times the last 16 years since getting married (in laws spend winter there) and fishing inshore, from foot, with the fly... Yep, I could manage January to mid April or so :)

Enjoy it next year... you will feel the drag spin for sure :)

Will

Anonymous said...

I'll answer that question for you Ken... a lousy job!
Enjoy your stay.
Dave

Millers River Flyfisher said...

Got back last night and decided to bring some warmth with me.

Ken