Autumn On The EB

Autumn On The EB

Sunday, February 10, 2008

I Hate Winter but....

The Millers River in South Royalston
Well, I broke my New Years Resolution by not getting out to fly fish in January. A few storms and other obligations kept me off the Swift River in January. That may be ok since the river has been a "pushover" since late November. I'll be out in a week or two.
So what has this fly fisher been up to? Fly tying, what else. I've tied up lots of dries which in these mid-winter dreams will float perfectly over rising browns which will always rise and be landed. That's what winter is in New England. I hope that I will be able to pass some fly dressings on to you this month. I have one that really worked for myself and for those that I guided this past season.
Stay Tuned,
MRF

No comments: