Autumn On The EB

Autumn On The EB

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The EB at Charlie's Evening Sun Fly Shop!!


So, what have I been doing for the last month? TYING FLIES!!!!! I've left the Swift River alone and not really by choice since I had some vacation time and some personal matters to deal with over the past month which have sucked up the weekend hours. If it were June I'd have hours of evening fishing to write about but February will put the damper on that. Anyway, I love the time at the vise and have a lot of patterns (dry, of course) to try out during those great months starting in May.

Now, if you would like to get to know the East Branch of the Westfield River then show up at the EVENING SUN FLY SHOP at 11:30 on Sunday, March 14th. I'll be doing a slide presentation that can be best labeled as a QUICK AND DIRTY GUIDE TO THE BEST SPOTS on this river. If you've had limited experience on this stream this presentation will save you a lot of time. Locations, methods and flies will all be discussed. And if we have time (I'll make time) I'll do the Millers presentation again! I've really enjoyed these get togethers and I'm looking forward to this one.

Check the link on this blog for the EVENING SUN FLY SHOP for directions. Charlie Shaden runs the best fly shop in the Northeast!! I highly recommend it for all of your fly fishing needs! I bought my best rod from Charlie!!

The above fly is a cdc March Brown spinner. It floats like a cork!!! I'm working my comparaduns over from deerhair to cdc. It gives a nice profile, floats really well in all types of water and is easier to tie in smaller sizes.

The temperature hit 48 degrees today!!!! I've got the fever!!!!!!

4 comments:

Joseph said...

Geez Ken, Evening Sun is forever away from Deerfield. Maybe you could just come over for dinner sometime and save the trip?

Anonymous said...

Ken,

I hope you remind your audience at Charlies that there are over 7 miles of fishable water on the East Branch alone not to mention that the main branch and the other two stems also contain lots of stocked and wild trout.

Plenty of trout infested water to expleore in that watershed, no need of pushing everyone into one particular section.

Millers River Flyfisher said...

Actually I'll be covering all three branches. Like you said, there's lots of water.

Anonymous said...

browntrout - unless he pushes them all away LOL

This had been on my calendar but looks like some "spring break" transportation issues have me doing an 8 hour round trip Sunday. I'm hoping the river holds up well this summer as it has the past 2.

Al