Autumn On The EB

Autumn On The EB

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Light Cahill Evening On The Millers


Thomas Ames would call them Cream Cahills or Light Cahills but for the fact that it was a spinner fall that I witnessed I'll call them Cream Cahills BECAUSE he said that light cahill spinners fall long after dusk and these were definitly spinners - dropping gently on the surface, a bounce or two, and then lying flat after that. I think that I'll just call them Light Cahills - close enough.

It was not a blizzard of flies but a steady fall which brought the browns up. The #14 cdc comparaduns fooled enough trout to make the two hours that I was there worthwhile. Where was I??? The Kempfield was the spot. The Upper Trestle Pool did well before "the fall" with a large dry stone fooling some bows and browns in the fast water at the head of this stretch. when was I there?? Monday night and I had the river all to myself.

It's Summer on the Millers and evenings will produce for the next few months. Enjoy it if you can!!

Ken

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where exactly is the upper trestle pool? Is this reached by walking up the railroad tracks from the main parking area.....or is this reached by heading DOWN the tracks...just above the Kempfield section?
Thanks.
Tom

Millers River Flyfisher said...

Tom,

The UTP is located UPSTREAM from the parking lot just upstream from the railroad trestle. Approach it from the LEFT side of the pool.

Ken