Good Days (The Wall Of Fame)

▼

Monday, October 13, 2008

Birthday Browns

It was nice to have the Columbus Day holiday off. First, it happened to be my birthday, the weather was great and I was chasing browns again on the Millers. The large pool at the end of the Kempfield Section had just enough surface action to keep me busy for the short 1 1/2 that I had to pursue this sport today. A BWO or two, (all around #18) brought the trout up. The result was two browns between 14-16 inches and dark and shiny rainbow about 12 inches fooled by my #18 olive comparadun emerger.

I wish I could have stayed longer.

Ken

2 comments:

  1. Well happy birthday.. I picked up a couple of beautiful browns in the Bearsden section yesterday afternoon on a black stonefly nymph. Nothing hatching and no rising fish were seen (although I had to leave at 5:30). /marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see the you did well, Marc. I'd like to hit the Bearsden before the month ends. Maybe this Saturday evening.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete