Autumn On The EB

Autumn On The EB

Thursday, July 2, 2020

News Flash - Fish In The Swift


"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish that they are after - Henry David Thoreau


The Swift has been stocked for the summer C&R season.  I saw the truck at 8:45 this morning and the gentleman told me that they were stocking 2000 trout from the Y Pool to the Industrial Park.

So the deed has been done and we have no excuses not to catch trout.  They are spreading these fish out so there is no reason to hit the traditional log jams like the Y Pool or the Pipe.  Have some fun and SPREAD OUT!!!  Practice  Social Distancing on the Swift for better fishing.  Take the path less traveled and see where it takes you.  Before the stocking trucks began to roll I took a dozen 8 to 10 inch brook trout with a Grouse and Flash and my 4wt 7 foot bamboo.  It was a blast and I was the only one there and I believe that my clients and I will continue to fish away from the crowd.




The Future

Look at the photo to the right. It is a photo of about a dozen fingerling brookies out of a school of about 50 just a foot or so downstream from where I was casting.  That's why the browns grow so big.  That's why the Swift is so special and will continue to be.

Have a great July 4th, spread out and play it safe!!

Ken





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally

S.F.

Gary said...

Wow,2000 fish plus whats there now,plus the flow went down,good luck on the mighty swift this Holiday Weekend sportsmen.

Millers River Flyfisher said...

Gary,

It happens every year. They will pack the popular spots and leave the rest alone.

Actually, I like this flow. Skinny water and emergers is my game. The euro nymphers don't know what to do.

Ken

Anonymous said...

"Skinny water and emergers is my game. The euro nymphers don't know what to do." I do! Leave my Euro nymph Rod at home and pick up my Winston 4wt! Got to be flexible at this game! Happy 4th to all.

Millers River Flyfisher said...

Anonymous 8:45,

You nailed it on technique!! You will do well on the skinny water that we have.

Ken