Autumn On The EB

Autumn On The EB

Friday, October 20, 2023

Back At It

 

"I'm not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout".  - Paul O'Neil


It has been a strange Summer for me on the trout fishing stage. First, I did very little trout fishing because I just grew very tired of playing with clonebows. One gets the feeling that most bows stocked in May are dead by Labor Day.  I fish for brook trout in the Swift because they are not the cookie cutter brookies that the DFW stock in other waters but the REAL THING: stream born brook trout!!

I love brown trout because they can tolerate less than pristine environments and provide us with with that summer evening surface activity that a freestone fly fisher dreams about.  They get "wild" by early Summer and are a challenge on early Fall evenings!!!!

Now for a recap of this Summer. Caught some trout, caught some stripers, caught some blues and managed to break my right ankle (medial malleoulus) which will put me on the IR for the rest of the season.  

Good time to brush up on my birding!!!

Ken



4 comments:

Jim W said...

Nice to hear from you hope you heal quickly .Jim

Anonymous said...

If you broke it fishing, it's really easy to fall and get hurt wading. That's why I always keep a copy of my drivers license on me so they can easier identify the body.

Millers River Flyfisher said...

Thanks Jim W!!

Anonymous,

You wouldn't have a spare ankle hanging around, right foot and a size 13!!!!!

Ken

Anonymous said...

Ken: I do have a spare on me and you're welcome to borrow it as I can't currently get out on the rivers due to health issues. But I'm only a size 8 1/2.