Autumn On The EB

Autumn On The EB

Sunday, May 5, 2024

The Worm hook Streamer

 



Make it simple and make it work.  That's what I was thinking when I worked up this fly. There is no body other than the hook shank ( 2/0 Eagle Claw worm hook), a  white  bucktail throat, a blue bucktail wing and a topping of peacock.  It took my first striper of the season on top of that.

I have to admit that this isn't the first time I used this style of fly.  I took some to Florida in a size 4/0 and took some outsized bluefish and then promptly forgot about it after I got back home. That will not happen again!  It's part of my saltwater game plan going forward.

There is no wind resistance with this fly which always seems to be a problem when I'm in the salt.


Ken

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SIMPLICITY!!!!!!

GW

Mike said...

Fished the Ware yesterday below Church Street, lots of fish on the soft hackle. Some good size browns.

Millers River Flyfisher said...

Mike,

Thanks for the info! The Ware is an underrated river.

Ken