Autumn On The EB

Autumn On The EB

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Another One Leaves Us - Alan Petrucci of "Small Stream Reflections"

 

We lost a true fly fishing friend with the recent passing of Alan Petrucci, the author of that well crafted blog "Small Stream Reflections".  Alan was a lover of small "blue lines, great classic fly patterns, great photography and great looking sandwiches!


If you haven't seen Alan's work then just Google up his blog and feast your eyes on over 12 years of great reading. 

This has been a bit of a hard winter with the passing of Swift River stalwarts George "wooley bugger" Cunningham, Bill Ricardi and now Alan Petrucci.  We need to feel and see Spring quickly and we need to fly fish.


Read some of Alan's blog posts and then find a "thin blue line" to fish.

Ken



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I really enjoyed reading his blog. Simply outstanding and will be missed!

Millers River Flyfisher said...

Anonymous 10:24,

t will be hard to realize that he is gone. I will continue to read his body of work for years to come.

Ken

Dave said...

Ken,
You're right about his photography. His stream pictures were simply breathtaking! So much so that I have started painting some of them.
I also agree that his sandwiches always made me want to run to the kitchen and eat.
I'll miss those food photos.
PS Your photos make good paintings too. Wish I could email one to you.
Dave

Dean F said...

From Alan's blog today- RIP.

I've finished life's chores assigned to me,
So put me on a boat headed out to sea.
Please send along my fishing pole,
For I've been invited to the fishin' hole.

Where every day is a day to fish,
To fill your heart with every wish.
Don't worry, or feel sad for me,
I'm fishin' with the master of the sea.

We will miss each other for a while,
But you will come and bring your smile.
That won't be long you will see,
Till we're together you and me.

To all those that think of me,
Be happy as I go to sea.
If others wonder why I'm missin'
Just tell 'em I've gone fishin'.
~Dalmar Pepper

Millers River Flyfisher said...

That is beautiful!

Ken

Millers River Flyfisher said...

Dave,

Thank you for the nice words!

Ken

Sam said...

I am heart broken that Alan is gone. He was a gem, same as the brookies and the small streams he found them in. I will always miss and remember him.

Anonymous said...

Hello Ken, Sad news and my condolence to Alans family. Also, where you once lived in Townsend Mass you might have known or heard of Bill Biswanger who wrote outdoor and fishing articles for the Lowell Sun newspaper for many years. He also passed away a couple of weeks ago.Regards, Ed

Andrew Milmore said...

What an amazing blog - loved the articles I just read.

Alan was one of those dudes that "gets it"

May get a tiny little tenkara in his honor

Andrew Milmore said...

What an amazing blog - loved the articles I just read.

Alan was one of those dudes that "gets it"

May get a tiny little tenkara in his honor