Autumn On The EB

Autumn On The EB

Sunday, May 22, 2022

Very Special Lost Rod And Reel

  


Folks,

Read the two paragraphs below. Finding the lost rod and reel and returning them would get you a pass into Fly Fishing Heaven. If you find them send me an email (ken.elmer9@gmail.com) and I'll contact the owner. - Ken

"My name is (withheld). You guided me on the Millers back in 2019, and I've followed your blog ever since. I'm writing because I've recently (last night 5/20) lost a fly rod and reel, when I left it at the East Branch of the Ware in Princeton.  The rod is a Thomas and Thomas 8' 6 weight, and the reel is a Bogden.    They belonged to my late husband, so I'm attached to them beyond their actual value.

I'm hoping you might put in a word on your blog to anyone who may have picked them up and is looking to return them.   I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions - and I'm more than willing to pay a reward for their return."


Thanks - 



3 comments:

DRYFLYGUY said...

Ken, I copied and pasted this exact post from your blog into the "Flyfishing New England's" fishing forum thinking the more feelers sent out to others may help with this person's search. Hope it helps.... Phil

Dean F said...

Hi Ken – Karma would like to remind everyone “Unless a reasonable attempt is made to locate the rightful owner, no good luck will ever come from the use of another’s lost fishing property or the sale proceeds of that property”.
I hope the finder chooses to do the right thing and spare themselves a lifetime of tangled tippets, hooks in the eye, West Nile Virus, Snapping turtle toe amputation, car accidents on the way to the water and or Sasquatch abduction.

Millers River Flyfisher said...

Dean F.

Throw in Monkey Pox too.

Ken