Autumn On The EB

Autumn On The EB

Monday, March 25, 2024

The Riffle Beater

 




I could see the trout working the choppy surface and I really wanted to take a shot at it BUT made it almost impossible to float a dry amidst the chutes rapids and the boulders. I came back 3 days later with a fly that would take the abuse and still float.


1. Size 10 or 12 standard dry hook

2.Wing - white deer hair

3.Body- Senyu Laser dubbing (a light color)

 4. Tail - Golden Badger hackle fibers

5. A long Grade A golden badger hackle

This fly really shines on rough pocket water ( Millers in Erving) or the EB but is only so so on glassy water like most of the Swift.  

Always carry some!!!

Rain

Eastern Ma had 2.5 inches of rain on Saturday

It will be awhile.

Ken



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kinda like the Better's Bomber I use during the summer to move fish especially during Caddis hatches. I imagine the Bivisable was used similarly.