Autumn On The EB

Autumn On The EB

Friday, August 24, 2018

A Short Break For A Big Event

Nothing is better than a video of a jumping trout!!!!!




I'll be taking some time to let my boots dry out. My youngest daughter gets married today and this is day two of a big event for us.

I'll be back on the blog by Sunday night. Don't wait to book a trip because I will be responding to requests and don't wait to hit the EB which will be in perfect condition this weekend.

The Millers - As I write the gauge is stuck at 1500 (Thursday level) but it may creep downward through the weekend.

The Swift - hardly anyone there on Wednesday. Lots of trout of course.

The Ware - Was high but now rounding into shape.

GO FISH!!!!!!

Ken



9 comments:

Hibernation said...

Congrats to your family Ken! Enjoy the weekend together!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

Dave P said...

Congratulations, Ken! I hope he is a "catch"!
Cheers,
David

Sam said...

Ken, I wish your youngest daughter, her new spouse and your entire family nothing but the best. What a wonderful and heart moving event in your future this weekend. Best Regards, Sam

PMCCOY002 said...

Congratulations on your daughter’s wedding.

Had a good night on the EB. Water level was good and and temp around 65. Thank you for the recommendation.

I’m not as familiar with the EB but wondering what you use to check water levels. Only see USGS for sections below the dam. Appreciate any guidance you can offer.

Millers River Flyfisher said...

Everyone,

Thank you for your kind words about my daughters wedding!!!!

PMCCOY002,

Look for the Knightville USGS location. It is just below the dam and it works almost all of the time except when they have to hold water back during a major storm/snow melt. Then the flow will read lower even as the upper river is in flood.

Ken

BobT said...

Congratulations!

Sam said...

Bondsville was slow tonight, same as it has been lately since the 50 CFS flow started. Same as in recent outings there, a couple of connections and for some reason long distance release. Not sure why, but maybe the trout are getting more finicky now and wised up to not hit the fly so aggressively. I know there aren't as many trout in there any more being I run into friendly worm and spin fishermen who tell me about the trout they have taken home.

Mike C said...

Congrats Ken